What Not To Donate
Unfortunately, WINS Thrift Stores are not able to accept the following items for health, safety or resale reasons. There are other organizations that may be able to use them – please call 211 for more information.
- Ammunition, guns, and knives
- Auto parts including tires
- Baby / Children’s equipment – cribs, cradles, bassinets, high chairs, swings, bath seats or bath rings, baby walkers, car seats, booster seats, strollers or carriages, playpens, and safety gates.
- Baby bottles or nipples that are unpackaged
- Blinds or rods that are custom cut or have been used
- Waterbeds. Box spring without mattress, stained and ripped mattresses
- Electrical or plumbing fixtures (hood fans, ceiling fans, pipes, etc.)
- Flat screen TV with large back components, TV’s or Stereo units in consoles
- Gas Powered lawn mowers and trimmers
- Hazardous goods (paint, aerosols, fuels and chemicals). Call 311 for locations to safely dispose of these goods.
- Large Appliances – (stoves, washers, dryers, freezers, dishwashers)
- Pianos or large organs
- Plastic goods with P7 Code
- Toiletries that have been opened (shampoo, lotions, etc.)
- Used helmets (ski, hockey, bicycle or in-line).
- Used plastic storage ware
- Water coolers